Sunday, May 4, 2008

I probably should not be doing this right now, but whatever.

5 Things found in my bag
1. Homework
2. Usually my laptop
3. Water bottle (all this running around Paname will make you thirsty, and they have NO water fountains anywhere)
4. Highlighters
5. Plus all the stuff you would find in my purse (I carry my life around with me. Literally.)

5 Things found in my purse

1. Keys
2. Cell Phone (this and "keys" are always the first two things on my checklist when I pack for anything)
3. Wallet
4. Moleskine (I love this book so much)
5. Digital Camera (because this is PARIS, for God's sake; there are a million things going on at any given time.)

5 Favourite things in my room

1. My giant sacred heart pendant (which my aunt Ruth bought in Paris seventeen years ago)
2. My malong (which has travelled the world with me, which will continue to travel the world with me, and in which I plan to be buried, according to Southern Filipino tradition.)
3. The giant print of Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly, which was put there by my host sister Marlene
4. The view (it just looks out onto a courtyard with nondescript buildings around it, but the fact that this courtyard is in PARIS makes up for the boring view.)
5. Nick (I mean, really. If you know me, I don't have to explain this at ALL.)


5 Things I always wanted to do

1. Go to Paris (and I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeere!)
2. Dance competently en pointe. (I did one dance en pointe when I was seventeen, which links to the sub-wish that I had started ballet earlier. If I had, perhaps I might be able to do fouettes en pointe now... or be able to do fouettes period.)
3. Bartend. Not only do you make friends over alcohol, but it is good training for a psychologist (the listening, not the drinking).
4. Meet a celebrity that I liked (so far I've been lucky with Josh Groban, Andy Samberg, Orange and Lemons, and Carine Roitfeld. I'm still holding out for Nick Carter, though - it would be such a laugh to see him now after all those years of adolescent crushing. While I am not madly in love with him anymore, he will always hold a special place in my heart.)
5. Pretend to live a glamorous and luxurious life, like I like to do now, but NOT HAVE TO PRETEND.

5 Things I am currently into

1. Japanese television, especially the series "Nodame Cantabile"
2. Fashion (haute couture as always - especially since my friend Shanna and I bummed around during Fashion Week here - but especially the awesomeness that is H&M because it is all that I can afford)
3. Camille Dalmais (a French singer who goes just by "Camille"; I did a report in French class on her, and as she has just released a new (and BRILLIANT) album she is very in right now. I actually got to meet her
4. Hermes (which is linked to the first two things on this list)
5. Travelling the world and butchering everyone's language (so far I've slaughtered Dutch, Czech, German, Italian, French, Japanese, Spanish, Tagalog and Kapampangan.)

No comments: