Monday, December 7, 2009

Homecoming


Photobucket


I'm in the Philippines!!! I've been here since the third (left America on the first and landed at 3:30 AM Thursday). This is quite an interesting trip because I'm finally taking someone who's not related - my friend Adriaan from college (dude in the pic) is here with us for a month before he goes to Thailand for his TESOL certificate.

So far it's been pretty chill - we went to SM for two straight days, I relaxed at home a lot, and got to hang with family again. They're pretty amused by how game Adriaan is with everything - he isn't picky for the most part, so he's just been trying everything and seeing a lot of the sights (although we were a little freaked when he went walking without a cellphone for an hour lol). I'm still concerned about their true thoughts about him, though - everyone's been saying he's at the mercy of my grandmother and her razor-sharp wit XD and there's always the novelty of having a white guy around. Tongues must be wagging about me/him >_<

I got a new nephew and two new nieces/goddaughters, with another on the way, so I've just been playing with the kids. I feel soooo domestic lol. Carlos is so cheery (and heavy aaaargh) while Lian and Vikki are adorable, although the poor girls have got their share of health problems. As Vikki is Mayeth's daughter, I've been looking after her most. Yeth and I have a running joke that Vikki took after me (skin problems, can't live without aircon, always wanting to go out) because I'm her best friend LOL.

Also, this sounds totally dorky of me but I'm so excited to be in the Philippines for the last week of "Lovers in Paris" (although I'll be in Hong Kong the last three days...) XD

This week we'll be jetting off to Hong Kong for five days, so look out for more updates soon!

No comments: